- 6 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate
- 16 oz. (2 Cups) Cold Heavy Cream
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 2-1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Shaved Dark Chocolate
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and place in a large bowl. Set a little aside for topping.
- Fill a sauce pan with water and heat to a low simmer. Place bowl of chocolate onto the pan to melt (can use a double broiler). Once fully melted remove from heat and set aside.
- Whip egg whites in Bosch mixer at speed 4 until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks occur. Make sure the mixing bowl and ships are very clean and completely dry. Any orilresidue or moisture will prevent egg whites from forming.
- Fold egg white into chocolate.
- Beat the cold cream in the mixer at speed 4 until soft peaks form. Set a couple spoonfuls aside for topping.
- Fold whipped cream into mixture.
- Cover chocolate mousse and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour or until set.
- Serve in small cups with preferred topping.