Wouldn’t it be nice if we could just have one kitchen machine that could do it all? One that would juice, and blend, and slice and shred, and mix and knead, and yada yada yada. Wouldn’t that be nice?
Bosch Mixers has done everything they can to make the Bosch Mixer just such a machine. There are so many different ways that you can use the powerful motor on this amazing machine, but today we are going to talk about just one of them. The Large Slicer Shredder.
The Large Slicer Shredder is an affordable versatile attachment for the current Universal Plus Mixer and the MUM66 Bosch Universal purchased prior to 2009. It fits all BOSCH bowls with center column.
This attachment fits over the top of your bowl and slices directly into the bowl for easy shredding, slicing and rasping.
Do you hear what I’m saying? Shred zucchini directly into your batter, or carrots right into the cake. So convenient!
The Large Slicer Shredder comes standard with three blades:
- Shredding Blade (Reversible – Coarse/Fine)
- Grating Blade (Fine Shredding/Grating)
- Slicing Blade (Reversible – Thick/Thin)
- Julienne Disk
- Fine Shredding/Grating Disk
- French Fry Blade
How to use the slicer shredder
1. Place drive coupling on center shaft.
2. Put blade driver on top of drive coupling.
3. Fit blade support ring on top of the bowl, turn counter-clockwise to lock into place.
4. Align blade with blade drive and lower onto blade support ring, fitting blade down onto the drive.
5. Place inlet cover (lid with chute) on top of the blade support ring. Turn counter-clockwise to lock into place.
6. Feed food into chute, press into the slicer shredder with the pusher.
The shredding blade and the slicing blade are both reversible, coarse on one side fine on the other. Be very cautious with these blades, they are very sharp. Tip: Use a brush to clean the blades, keep those fingertips safe.
1. Shredding Blade (Reversible – Coarse/Fine) 2. Grating Blade (Fine Shredding/Grating) 3. Slicing Blade (Reversible – Thick/Thin)
A few recipes to use with your slicer shredder
The Bosch Universal Plus Mixer really is the complete kitchen machine. Isn’t it nice to have one machine instead of 10 in your pantry?