Mary Ann Barnett – Prairie House Distributors
- 2 1/3 cups Durum flour (use medium fine setting if grinding in Nutrimill)
- 1 (10 oz) pkg Frozen spinach (thawed chopped & squeezed dry)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Butter or margarine (1/4 stick)
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 tsp Fresh ground pepper
In 6 quart pan, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. While water in pan comes to a boil, add to the Bosch bowl: flour, spinach, eggs, milk, nutmeg, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 cup water. With dough hook, cookie paddles or batter whisks, beat until smooth.
Reduce heat on boiling water. Press mixture through a spaetzle maker. If you don’t have a spaetzle maker you can push mixture through a colander or use coarse shredder from Bosch slicer shredder. As spaetzle cooks, it will rise to the top of the water. (Approximately 2- minutes until it becomes tender but firm). Stir gently and lift out into colander to drain.
In non-stick skillet over medium heat melt butter, parmesan cheese, pepper and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Stir in spaetzle and heat thoroughly. Makes 6 servings.