- 1/2 C milk
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 C water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 C all-purpose flour (possibly more)
- 1 envelope rapid rise yeast OR 2 1/4 tsp rapid rise yeast
Family Favorite Roll Ingredients
- Combine the following ingredients in your Bosch mixer bowl: undissolved yeast, sugar, salt, and ¾ C flour.
- Place milk, water, and butter in a microwave-safe bowl or stove top pot and heat until very warm (120-130F).
- Add milk, water, and butter mixture to flour mixture.
- Mix for 2 minutes on medium while occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add ¼ flour and mix for two minutes.
- Add remaining flour while mixing until dough is soft and slightly tacky.
- Knead in mixer on low speed for 5 minutes.
- Check the consistency of your dough for gluten development. Pull of piece of dough (golf ball sized) from the batch. Stretch the dough between your fingers. If the dough breaks quickly, continue kneading. When dough is stretched, you’ll want to see the stretched dough form a thin window between your fingers to ensure gluten is fully developed.
- Cover your mixing bowl and allow does to rest for 10 minutes.
- To shape rolls, divide your dough into twelve pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, pinching the ball together at the bottom.
- Place ball-shaped dough into greased pans.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap and allow rolls to rise until they have doubled in size (about 30 minutes).
- Bake for 20 (or until golden) at 375F.
Optional – egg wash or butter wash rolls before baking; butter wash rolls again once they’ve finished baking.