Brad E. Petersen – “Cooking with Chef Brad”
- 4 cups Warm water (approx. 115°)
- 3 Tbsp Barley malt
- 2 Cups Wheat flour (freshly ground Prairie Gold or other hard white wheat) (additional flour will be needed)
- 2 cups High gluten flour (or Natural White from Wheat Montana)
- 2 Tbsp Kitchen Resource Dough Enhancer
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Saf instant yeast (or other instant yeast)
Add ingredients to Bosch bowl. Mix thoroughly. Continue adding whole wheat flour until mixture cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed one for 6-8 minutes or until gluten is developed. Put lid on bowl and let dough down. Dough hook should turn 5 revolutions. This is called “pestering” the dough.
Replace lid and repeat pestering process again. After pestering is completed, shape dough in rounds and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Slash tops of bowls. Rise until doubled. Brush with egg and bake in preheated 350° oven for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reads 200°.
Cut small piece off top of bread bowl. Using fork, hollow out inside. Be careful not to punch a hole through sides or bottom. Makes 6 soup bowls.