Mary Ann Barnett – Prairie House Kitchens
- 10 Fresh ripe peaches (peeled and sliced) Approx. 9 cups
- 1/2 cup Honey (local alfalfa gives a good flavor)
- 1/3 cup Ultra Gel or Quick Thick (can use cornstarch)
- 2 cups Flour (fresh ground is best - can be wheat, barley, kamut or spelt)
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Organic baking powder (can use regular)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp Whipping cream
In large bowl combine sliced peaches, slightly warmed honey and ultra gel (or cornstarch). Set aside for a few minutes. Place peach mixture into buttered 9″x9″ cake pan. Pour 1 cup whipping cream over peaches in cake pan.
In Bosch bowl with wire whips, add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Slice off cold butter into this mixture. Be sure splash ring and lid are in place. Turn Bosch mixer on medium or high and run until butter and flour have formed coarse meal. Add 2 Tbsp whipping cream and pulse so mixture is still crumbly. Sprinkle crumbled mixture on top of peaches and cream mixture. Pat slightly and bake 40-45 minutes in preheated 350° oven. Let cool 15-20 minutes before serving. Add a dollop pf whip cream flavored with powdered ginger.