- 1 C softened butter
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/4 C all-purpose flour (separate from first flour)
- 1 1/2 C white sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar (separate from first sugar)
- 4 eggs
- (about 4-6 TBSP) juice from 2 lemons
Prep Time 15 Minutes
Bake Time 40 Minutes
Total Time 55 Minutes
Yield 36 Servings
- Preheat oven on bake to 350 F.
- Mix butter, 2 cups of flour and ½ cups sugar until well incorporated. Line the bottom of a 9 x 13” ungreased baking pan and press flat until even.
- Bake until golden, about 15 to 20 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Mix remaining flour, remaining sugar, lemon juice and eggs until there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture over the top of the baked crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake for another 20 minutes then remove from oven.
- Allow to cool until firm and serve.
- Optional: serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
- 126 calories
- 5.8 g fat
- 17.8 g carbohydrates
- 1.6 g protein
- 34 mg cholesterol
- 44 mg sodium