- 1 package (8 ounces) Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 large Egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons Water
- Coarse sugar and cinnamon-sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground allspice
- 2 cups Finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons Cold unsalted butter
Prep Time 1 hour
Bake Time 15 min
Total Time 1 hour 15 min
Yield 2 dozen
- In Bosch Mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture until well blended. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and allspice; set aside. Divide each portion of dough into 12 balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into a 4-in. circle. Place a tablespoonful of chopped apples on one side. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sugar mixture; dot with 1/4 teaspoon butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolk and water. Brush edges of pastry with egg wash; fold pastry over filling and seal edges well with a fork. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Brush remaining egg wash over tops. Cut slits in pastry. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.