Skip to content
Blueberry Coffee Cake:
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Softened butter
- 2/3 cup Sour cream
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Freshly ground whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp Cold butter
- Grind hard white wheat in the Nutrimill Grain mill.
- Cream together sugar and butter
- Add sour cream and mix again.
- Add egg and the vanilla mix until well incorporated.
- Mix dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) together in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Carefully fold in blueberries with a spatula, so they don’t get crushed in the batter.
- Pour your batter into a square glass baking pan. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine 1/4 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cold butter. Leave the mixture with some chunks of butter mixed in.
- Sprinkle this on top of your batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes, once cooled sprinkle with powdered sugar.