- 1-1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 11 Oz can Mandorin Oranges Slices Canned
- 1 Cup Frozen Cranberries
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 6 Tbs Melted Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Cranberry Orange Upside Down Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Place the 3 tablespoons butter in a 10×2-inch cast-iron or other heavy oven-going skillet. Place skillet in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until butter is melted. Remove from oven. Carefully tip skillet to coat the sides with butter.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over bottom of skillet. Arrange orange sections over brown sugar. Top evenly with cranberries.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, yogurt, granulated sugar, the melted butter, and vanilla. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, one-third at a time, stirring just until combined after each addition. Spoon batter into skillet, spreading to cover fruit.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Cool in skillet on a wire rack for 3 to 4 minutes. Run a knife around edges of cake to loosen. Invert a serving platter over skillet. Carefully turn platter and skillet over together; remove skillet. Replace any fruit that remains in skillet. Serve warm or at room temperature.