Submitted by Jacqueline Morillo from Pleasantville, New Jersey.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 18 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups pretzels, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Beat in morsels and pretzel sticks just until combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove to wire racks, and cool completely (about 15 minutes).