Denise Fidler – The Country Baker
- 6 cups Warm water (115-130°)
- 1/2 cup Powdered milk, buttermilk powder or tofu white*
- 1/3 cup Dry lecithin granules
- 3/4 cup Olive, sunflower or safflower oil
- 1 cup Honey
- 8 cups Of the flour
- 5 Tbsp SAF instant yeast
- 3 Tbsp Kitchen Resource Dough Enhancer
- 1/2 cup Kitchen resource Vital Wheat Gluten
- 3 Tbsp Real salt or salt of choice
Mill: 12 cups hard white Spring Wheat (yields 5 pounds or 18-20 cups of flour)
Add and mix on low for 20 seconds water, powdered milk, lecithin, oil, honey, 8 cups of flour, yeast, dough enhancer and gluten. Should look like pancake batter. Let this sponge until doubled, approximately 15-30 minutes. Be careful, it may come up over sides of bowl.
Add salt and enough of remaining flour until dough cleans sides of bowl. Dough will be soft and slightly wet. Stop and touch dough. If it is really wet, continue to add more flour until dough is spongey but doesnt stick to your fingers. Knead on low for 5-7 minutes or until gluten is fully developed. At this point, cover and let rise until doubled then gently deflate before shaping into rolls or bread, OR immediately shape dough and place on greased sheets or loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled. Bake in preheated 350° oven 20-25 minutes for rolls or 30-35 minutes for bread. Makes 12-15 dozen rolls or 4 8″ loaves of bread, (1 3/4 lb).