- 1 package or 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 C warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C grapeseed or avocado oil (or another preferred oil)
- 1 Tbsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 C tapioca flour/starch
- 1 1/2 C certified gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 C brown rice flour
Challah Bread Ingredients
- Combine yeast, warm water, and honey in the bowl of your Bosch mixer. Mix until well combined. Let the mixture rest for 2-3 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Once the yeast is activated, add wet ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together xanthan gum, salt, oat flour, tapioca flour, and brown rice flour.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into the Bosch mixer, combined with the wet ingredients. The dough should be sticky.
- Add dough to a lightly greased loaf pan or challah mold pan.
- Cover dough and allow it to rise for 2-3 hours in a warm location.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top starts to slightly brown. Muffin and mini-loaf pans will only require about 20-25 minutes bake time.
- Allow a few minutes to cool on a cooling rack and serve.
Vegan tip: instead of adding eggs, make vegan with flaxseed mixture (2 Tbsp flax seeds mixed with 6 Tbps warm water – allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes before adding to dough – this makes two flax eggs).