While the star of a summer BBQ may be the meat, that meat would be very lonely without all the delicious sides which should accompany an excellent BBQ. If you want to wow people at your BBQ to finish off the summer season, then break out your Bosch Mixer and pick one or more of the delicious recipes below!
This delicious cornbread recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod serves 12 people and pairs fantastically with savory BBQ or eaten on its own with a drizzle of honey and pat of butter on top.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarse cornmeal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into your Bosch Mixer with whisk attachments. Blend until completely incorporated.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, buttermilk, and oil. Once these wet ingredients are combined, add to the dry ingredients in your Bosch Mixer and mix until the batter is lumpy.
- Add corn kernels to the lumpy batter.
- Spray an 8×8 pan with non-stick spray and pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top of the cornbread is golden brown, and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow 15 minutes for cooling before serving.
Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
No BBQ is complete without a side of creamy mashed potatoes, like the ones Genius Kitchen offers. This recipe serves 4 and is flexible enough to be easily doubled.
- 8-10 medium russet potatoes
- 2 TBSP sour cream
- ¼ cup of milk
- ½ margarine
- Italian seasoning
- Rinse, peel, and cube potatoes as you fill a large pot of water to ⅔ full and bring it to boil. Add cubed potatoes to the boiling water and allow them to boil until tender.
- Drain the boiled potatoes into a colander, then transfer the potatoes to your Bosch Mixer with the whisk attachment on.
- Add milk, sour cream, and margarine to the mixer and mix until smooth consistency.
- As the potatoes whisk together, periodically add salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Stop the mixing to check for taste. Add these ingredients slowly so you can reach your preferred taste.
- Remove from Bosch mixing bowl and place in serving bowl.
Triple Pickle Deviled Eggs Recipe
Add some fun to your traditional deviled eggs with this recipe from Southern Living which will yield 2 dozen Triple Pickle Deviled Eggs for your next BBQ.
- 12 large eggs
- 3 TBSP chopped bread-and-butter pickles
- Pickled okra slices
- 2 TBSP chopped capers
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 oz low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and add water until the tops of the eggs are just covered.
- Bring eggs to a boil and cook for 1 minute at a rolling boil.
- Cover the saucepan, remove from heat, and allow the eggs to stand for 10 minutes in the water.
- Drain the eggs then rinse them under cold water until they are cool enough to handle and peel.
- Cut eggs lengthwise and set the whites aside after you remove the yolks and place the yolks into your Bosch Mixer Plus Mixer.
- With the whisk attachment on, add yogurt, cream cheese, bread-and-butter pickles, capers, parsley, mustard, and salt to the mixer bowl. Mix until well-combined.
- Spoon yolk mixer into the egg white halves then top with pickled okra slices.
Hamburger Buns Recipe
This recipe for stunning hamburger buns comes from King Arthur Flour and will make 8 buns.
- ¾ – 1 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 large egg
- 2 TBSP room-temp butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 ½ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 1 TBSP instant yeast
- ¼ cup sesame seed (optional)
- 3 TBSP melted butter (for brushing)
- Add all buns ingredients to your Bosch Mixer with the cookie paddle attachment on. Mix until the dough is smooth.
- Cover the dough and allow it to rise for 1-2 hours or until it has doubled in size.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide into eight equal pieces. Shape these pieces into round balls and flatten to about 3” across and place them on a greased pan. Cover the buns and allow them to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F when you see that the buns have risen and are puffy.
- Brush buns with melted butter, sprinkle with sesame seeds and place in oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool buns on racks then serve.
Berry Ambrosia Salad Recipe
If you are looking for a light, sweet treat for your next BBQ, try this berry ambrosia from Cookies and Cups, which will serve 6-8 people.
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup blueberries
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- With the whisk attachment on your Bosch Mixer, whip the heavy cream at high speed for 1 minute. Place whipped cream into a bowl and set aside.
- Change to cake paddle attachment to mix cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until the mixture is creamy. Fold whipped cream and coconut flakes into mixture until well-combined.
- Remove mixture from Bosch Mixer and place in a large serving bowl. Gently add all the berries and marshmallows to the mixture.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge with an air-tight cover.
Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
Sometimes, all the side you need with your summer BBQ is a flaky biscuit recipe from the Noble Pig. This recipe yields 10 biscuits.
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 5 TBSP cold cubed vegetable shortening
- 4 TBSP cold cubed unsalted butter
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 TBSP melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In your Bosch Stand Mixer, pulse shortening, cake flour, and cubed butter with cookie paddle attachment until mixture are in pea-sized lumps.
- Add all-purpose flour mixture to Bosch Mixer bowl mixture until well-combined.
- Add buttermilk to dry mixture until moistened.
- Remove dough and knead on a floured surface until it holds together. Pat dough into 1” thick circle and use a 2.25” cutter, cut out 10 biscuits. Cut through dough smoothly to keep the edges even.
- Place biscuit circles to the baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden on top. Before the biscuits finish baking in the last few minutes, brush with the melted butter.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Classic Memphis-Style Coleslaw Recipe
Add some tangy and delicious coleslaw to your next spread, thanks to Barefeet in the Kitchen. This recipe will serve 8 hungry people.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 16 oz bag of coleslaw mix
- Add your mustard, mayo, vinegar, salt, sugar, onion powder, and celery seeds to your Bosch Mixer. With the cookie paddle attachment, combine the ingredients.
- Add shredded cabbage to the mixture and whisk until well-combined.
- Refrigerate until 1 hour before serving.
As you can see, the Bosch Universal Plus Mixer can help you liven up the menu of any end of summer BBQ. So, if you have been on the fence whether or not you need a stand mixer in your life, now is the time to take the plunge and invest in a high-quality Bosch Mixer.
Other Topics You May Be Interested In: