Gift giving come holiday time brings out the foodie in all of us. For those of you looking for the perfect gift to give to your food-loving friends, made by your very own loving hands, we have a few ideas for you! You can recruit your kids, make these as gifts for teachers, the mailman, or even your dearest loved ones. These fun snacks and treats are made ten times more festive with the right holiday wrapping. Red ribbons, twigs of pine, and candy canes all come to mind. Pull out your Bosch stand mixer and turn up the volume on your holiday playlist.
1. Homemade Herb Butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
In your Bosch stand mixer, beat together garlic, butter, garlic, salt, pepper, and herbs until fully incorporated. Scrape the butter from the mixing bowl and transfer to a sheet of cellophane. Roll the butter in the cellophane to form a cylinder. Close off the cellophane by tightly twisting the ends. Place in fridge for a minimum of one hour to harden. Herb butter will stay fresh in the fridge for approximately 5 days.
2. Eggnog Bread With Rum Glaze
Eggnog Bread Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups of regular eggnog (not low fat)
- 2 tsp Spiced Rum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounces of powdered) package of instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter @ room temperature
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp eggnog
- 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 2 tbl Spiced Rum
- 1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
Preheat oven to 350. In your Bosch stand mixer using the paddle – mix together the eggnog, rum, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla. It’s perfectly fine for the butter to stay a little lumpy (which it will). Grab a second bowl to mix together sifted flour, baking powder, pudding mix, nutmeg, and salt. Blend together the wet mixture and the dry mixture. Blend until fully incorporated but be careful not to over mix. By this point, you will still have lumps of butter in the mixture and that is still okay. It will melt once you cook the bread. This will be thicker dough than expected. Pour into greased loaf pans. Mini loaves bake for 30 minutes. Larger loaves bake for 45-55 minutes. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
For the rum glaze:
In your Bosch mixer, whisk all ingredients for the rum glaze together and pour on top of your eggnog bread once it has cooled.
3. Red Velvet Cupcake In A Jar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- *2 1/4 tsp cocoa powder
- *1 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tbsp red food coloring
- 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- *2 tsp vanilla extract
for the cream cheese frosting:
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- *2 tsps vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Mix cupcake batter using your Bosch stand mixer. Scoop into greased muffin pan filling each cup hole ⅔ with batter. Bake for 17 minutes. Once baked, remove from muffin pan and allow to cool on cooling rack completely.
Slice all cupcakes in half to separate the tops from the bottoms. Place one bottom in each jar. Pipe a layer of frosting onto the bottom half on the cupcake in the jar. Place the cupcake top on top of the piped frosting. Gently smash the top cupcake inside the jar. Top the smashed cupcake with nicely piped frosting.
Optional: add sprinkles or garnish to the tops of the frosted cupcakes.
Cover the cupcake jars with lids and decorate as needed. Attach a spoon to the jar and give as gifts.
4. Eggnog Pancake Mix
- 1 c. nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 ½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. buttermilk powder
- ¼ c. cornstarch
- ¼ c. SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 ½ tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 3 ½ tsp. baking powder
Mix all of the ingredients together in your Bosch mixer using the whisk attachment so that they are well mixed and evenly incorporated. One batch of this mixture should fill one mason jar (quart sized). Using a funnel, fill your mason jar with the mixture. Enclose jar with lid and decorate with festive decorations.
Instructions to include with your gift: In your Bosch stand mixer add 1 ½ cups water, 3 Tbsp melted butter, 1 large egg, and 2 tsp. vanilla extract. Whisk ingredients together. Add dried ingredients and continue whisking but do not overmix the batter. It will be thick. Once fully mixed, let rest for 15-20 minutes.
After resting, the batter will become fluffy and laden with air pockets. Cook until golden brown on both sides in a non stick pan over medium heat.
5. Coconut-Pistachio Biscotti
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- ¾ cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dried cherries
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, coconut, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In your Bosch stand mixer, using your cookie paddle attachment, mix eggs, oil, sugar, and zest on medium speed until well incorporated. Change speed to low setting, adding flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Fold in pistachios and cherries.
Place dough on parchment-lined baking sheet. Shape into 14×14 inch log. Bake until firm and golden. 30-35 minutes. Cool on wire rack and turn oven to 325 degrees (F).
Once cool, cut log using a serrated knife. Make diagonal cuts, ½ inch thick slices. Place slices on parchment lined baking sheet and place in the oven. Halfway through baking, rotate the pan. Edges should be golden when finished – 15-18 minutes. Cool completely before packaging.
To Package: Snip a few fresh twigs of pine to dress the top of a plain box wrapped with twine or ribbon.
- Homemade Herb Butter https://inspiredbycharm.com/2016/04/homemade-herb-butter.html
- Eggnog Bread With Rum Glaze http://kneadtocook.com/eggnog-bread/
- Red Velvet Cupcake In A Jar http://mycakies.com/2010/03/diy-cupcake-in-a-jar/
- Eggnog Pancakes http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/gift-ideas/a41437/make-diy-gifts-egg-nog-pancake-mix/
- Coconut-Pistachio Biscotti https://www.marthastewart.com/1050699/coconut-pistachio-biscotti